Newly Issued Patents Pave the Way for Commercial Availability of the Award-Winning WattUp Technology Ecosystem in Homes, Offices and Cars
SAN JOSE, CA — (Marketwired) — 10/13/15 — Energous Corporation (“Energous” or “the Company”) (NASDAQ: WATT), the developer of WattUp™, a revolutionary wire-free charging technology for mobile devices that provides “over-the-air” power at a distance of up to 15 feet, today announced the issuance of six utility and design patents for its award-winning wireless charging technology.
1. U.S. Patent No. 9,124,125 covers aspects of wireless power transmission, and more specifically, the ability to target and send power to multiple devices in a service area.
2. U.S. Patent No. 9,130,397 covers aspects of wireless power transmission to a device in a vehicle. For example, it applies to charging a smartphone while it is in a car. It makes use of the same principles and technology as in the ‘125 patent above, and covers its application in a vehicle.
3. U.S. Patent No. 9,143,000covers aspects of wireless power transmission via a charging pad. It covers application of the Energous wireless charging technology in the form of a charging pad.
4. U.S. Patent Notice of Allowance (application no 14/104,503) covers the use of Energous’ wireless charging technology to charge devices from a transmitter embedded in the display of a computer.
1. U.S. Patent Notice of Allowance (application no 29/498,694) covers a wireless transmitter with side wings that is integrated into a table top and can charge user devices using Energous’ WattUp charging technology.
2. U.S. Patent Notice of Allowance (application no 29/498,690) covers a wall-mounted wireless transmitter with folding wings that charges devices using Energous’ WattUp charging technology.
“As a licensing company, intellectual property is one of our most valuable assets,” said Stephen R. Rizzone, president and CEO of Energous. “Securing core patents that protect our investment, add significant value to the company and build barriers to competition is critically important to the growth of our business through the expansion of our strategic licensing partnerships. With well over 150 patents filed to date, we expect a number of additional awards in the coming months covering numerous applications and vertical markets as we continue to progress towards our goal of a ubiquitous wire-free power solution.”
*Patent applications for which Notice of Allowance has been received will be issued by the U.S. Patent Office in the coming weeks.
About Energous Corporation
Energous Corporation (NASDAQ: WATT) is developing WattUp, an award-winning wire-free charging technology that will transform the way people charge and power their electronic devices at home, in the office, in the car and beyond. WattUp is a revolutionary, patent-pending solution that delivers intelligent, scalable power via the same radio bands as a Wi-Fi router. WattUp differs from current wireless charging systems in that it will deliver meaningful, usable power, at a distance, to multiple devices, resulting in a wire-free experience that saves users from having to remember to plug in their devices or place them on a mat. For more information, please visit Energous.com, or follow Energous on Twitter and Facebook.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended that are intended to be covered by the “safe harbor” created by those sections. Forward-looking statements, which are based on certain assumptions and describe our future plans, strategies and expectations, can generally be identified by the use of forward-looking terms such as “believe,” “expect,” “may,” “will,” “should,” “could,” “seek,” “intend,” “plan,” “estimate,” “anticipate” or other comparable terms. All statements in this release that are not based on historical fact are “forward looking statements”. While management has based any forward looking statements included in this release on its current expectations, the information on which such expectations were based may change. Forward-looking statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties which could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements, as a result of various factors including those risks and uncertainties described in the Risk Factors and in Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations sections of our most recent annual report on Form 10-K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. We urge you to consider those risks and uncertainties in evaluating our forward-looking statements. We caution readers not to place undue reliance upon any such forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date made. Except as otherwise required by the federal securities laws, we disclaim any obligation or undertaking to publicly release any updates or revisions to any forward-looking statement contained herein (or elsewhere) to reflect any change in our expectations with regard thereto or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any such statement is based.
Source: Energous Corporation
Released October 13, 2015